30 Jan 2012

To Smell Good Under the Weather

"Fuh fuh fuh fuh" *Blowing dusts on my entry shelf.

God knows how much I love blogging over the weekend, especially when there's no job due on the following Monday but last weekend I just couldn't.

I've been sick. Sick to the point that I pooped in my own bed! Please don't imagine anything nasty because I was wearing a trustworthy Libresse's overnight pad (Aussino's sheet saved). If I were to be blogging then my entry would be on how distressing it was having to frequent the toilet! It all started on Friday, sometime around 4pm in a meeting. There I was fiddling my iPad and beginning to feel that my body temperature suddenly spiked. I started sweating and kept fanning myself. Hubs was scheduled for a futsal game that evening and our arrangement on game night normally being him in the court and me waiting for him at the Starbucks next door. I used to be so fond of this arrangement but that night, for the first time ever I hated it, I just wanted to go home. Nevertheless, I endured the 2 long agonizing hours, sipping warm water, (yes you read that right).and running through my emails, I thought of putting up an entry but my body didn't seem to agree. Good thing though there was a lavatory in that outlet. That night I slept for 16 hours. When I woke up 4 bottles of Air Badak were waiting for me, plus tubs of Chi Kit Teck Aun. Fast forward to today, I feel a bit pinkish. But if I had my druthers, I would have called in sick. But no will do; I've got to save up my leaves for Baby M's arrival. There, my illness journal.Full stop.

While recovering, I couldn't stand the sight of food so I surfed on something else but food. Of course there's a good one hour ogling for the Grenade Guy, then I had a good 10 minutes laugh when I stumbled upon this picture;

::

::

::

::

::

Keeping up indeed!

I showed it to Hubs and he had a good laugh too but quickly did a killjoy when he said,

"So you're okay now?" buzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Of course I'm still not okay. This picture proves that vanity must begin somewhere, usually from an awful taste, as exhibited. I mean what the hell where they thinking? Kris should have known better and the awkward position that she and Bruce had there didn't help much either. Just weird.

Then I moved on to something else, and I stumbled upon these babies!!

::

::

::

::

::

::
DNKY Sweet Delicious Collection!!


Literally speechless. I ain't no fan of fruity smelling fragrances let alone an apple scent, because it reminds me of mak's Kuat Harimau but this is different and knowing me, here's why;

::
::

DKNY Sweet Delicious Pink Macaroon

::
::
DKNY Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue


::
::
DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime

And the details, which I got from here:


DKNY Sweet Delicious Pink Macaroon is a gourmand scent of yummy almond macaroons, refreshed with fruity flavors. It opens with notes of nectarine and kumquat. The core of the fragrance consists of rose marzipan and pomegranate aromas, placed on the base of amber and tonka.

Top notes: nectarine, kumquat
Heart: pomegranate, rose marzipan
Base: amber, woody notes, tonka


DKNY Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue combines fresh top notes of lemon cream, bergamot and "crepe suzette" accord with the floral heart of freesia, frangipani and passion flower and the base of cedar, white amber and musk.

Top notes: crepe suzette, lemon cream, bergamot
Heart: freesia, passion flower, frangipani
Base: cedar, white amber, musk


DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime is inspired by the smell of creamy pie with citrusy aroma, opening with fresh notes of orange, tart key lime pie accord, bergamot and mandarin, with middle notes of neroli, ginger and basil, and the base wrapping it all up with violet leaf.

Top notes: tart key lime pie, bergamot, mandarin, orange
Heart: basil, ginger, neroli
Base: violet leaf

Don't the words 'creamy pie' 'almond macaroons' and 'crepe suzzete' make you drools like mad? These are gourmand scents! (Learnt that word like seconds after reading it) All this while I've been describing my favourite fragrance as yummilicious, bubble-gum-ish, sweet taste, and so on...and now I know, the right term is, repeat after me; GOURMAND [goor-mand]

My affair with gourmand scent started with Paris Hilton's collection, all of them except for 'Just Me'. Although her fragrances are made of fruity notes, the outcome somewhat screams bubble gum, cotton candy, lolly pop-ish scent. I love them all. And came in Carolina Herrera's CH where it distinctively denotes pineapple but to me it reminds me a lot of my aunt's crumbly pineapple tart. Why I'm so into gourmand scent simply because they tend to smell better over time especially once you start to perspire. And the scent is certainly pleasant when spritz accordingly. Most of the time I find people tend to make good remarks when I put them on especially in the mornings in the elevator; if not leading them to thinking that they're hungry! 

Just around last year, Eraman Malaysia took an initiative and brought in the ever darling Victoria's Secrets perfumeries and cosmetics  to their departure halls. There I started my love affair with Coconut Passion and Vanilla Lace. Adding watts to my smile is the price! 50ml at only RM52! And I tell you it lingers for days even after laundry! Just heavenly. 

 During my December's visit to Kuching however, I didn't see any of these VS's fragrances anymore, instead they replenished the shelf with the new versions of body mist. Quite a downer for a cheapo like me. I thought of getting a bottle of body mist for my hoarder's brain instructed me so but luckily I didn't succumb.

But as fate would have it, a colleague bought one for me for my birthday this year. Boy was I flabbergasted much. It smells so good that Hubs loves it too.

Forever Blushing
Oh this seems like a long entry now.

So, who's up to sponsor me those DKNY babies?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Flipping Pages