2 Nov 2011

An entry that has meant so much to me.

Across the globe people are celebrating or rather, 'commemorating' the 01.11.11 date. And I wish to do the same thing by reposting an entry I had 6 months ago on my other blog. I believe by posting this, you, my readers, old and new, will always be reminded of who I was and still am. A fan girl.


Little that I know...


that this blog of mine has turned into a fan page. And it's all because of this man.
.
.
The Grenade guy

It has been a week now since I jumped, screamed, sung, jumped, screamed, oh did I mention cried? … at this man’s concert and today, as of April 18th, I am still struggling to shake off that funny, butterfly-ish, NKOTB-crush off me but epic fail; and this is coming from a married, 31 year old. Humm.

Since that concert night, there hasn’t been a day that I didn’t wake up to his song, talked about him like a 15 year-old beamed about her first kiss, even hubby admitted that I lit up instantly when there’s a mention of you-know-who.

As a fan, I think I’ve fit the label perfectly; a fan girl indeed, I'm a registered fan - checked, follow him on Twitter (and everyone on Smeezingtons) - checked, Like his Fan page - checked, get united with his fans on Tumblr - checked, download his page apps on my iPhone/iPad - checked, sync his album on my iPod - checked, watched every single interviews on YouTube (including the stupid French bit** lap dance) - checked, and collecting snippets of his news, mags features - checked. Now I’m persuading a good friend who’s residing in the U.S to get me some of his merchandise; we’ll see how far would that one go.

All those around me, except for hubby dearest, had tried to convince me that this is just a phase. You know, like a flu it will eventually go away and God knows how I wish that day would come soon because as I’m typing this entry, All About You is playing on the background. My routine has been much affected because of this man. And I don’t mean it in a bad way. Let’s just put it this way, that he, has simply made my day.

So, I’ve decided today that I am not going to be ashamed of my obsession of this man. There’s no point struggling out of my profound admiration for him. Inspirations come in a lot of forms and mine come from his music and his big personality. I owe it all to my literature classes during my undergrad years that at this point of life I’m able to appreciate this man at a different level and not just plain NKOTB-crush I had back in 1990. 

Every fan would have a favourite number, no? And mine is The Other Side. Fans would come up with various interpretation of this song but mine is a connotation of my TTC struggle. As my marriage swiftly entering its 6th year, I’m blessed to have a husband that loves me just the way I am and we’re constantly praying that luck would be on our side in the mini-us department. Suffice to say that in my pursuit, let this man be the cotton candy to feed the void and to make sure that I will always believe there’s rainbow at the end. Let him be.

There readers; as people my age blog about their shoes, handbags, cupcakes, travel and their kids, just allow me to feel peachy for this man as I’m utterly convinced that this is not just a phase. I APPRECIATE this man more than I ought to.

Love,

Hooligan for life.
.
.
Oh, and that’s me, covering my face just before the concert; upon realizing that I might be the oldest fan. *grins*




*flash news:
 ~ the author is and always be the fan-girl. The fan-girling has gone severe that she almost threw her sister a Bruno Mars-themed bridal shower.


















2 comments:

  1. Salam, hi i'm nida. Just stumble upon your blog. I'm sure i will come back for more. Your english is understandable and nice. So u have a degree in english teaching but u r not a teacher right? I'm a teacher i have dgree in science education but hv teach english for 4 years. Hopefully by reading ur blog i can gain more confidence to teach english. Now idea how but i know it will. Fun reading about ur obsession wit bruno mars. When i like smthing i bcome obsess too. By smthing here i mean artist. I'm 27 now but sometime i do behave like a 17 years old girl. Its difficult to get rid of the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello deary,

      Thank you for dropping by dear. Yes,I'm an English teacher by profession but fate got me somewhere else instead of schools. But mind you my passion has always been teaching, at times I can't help but to map out a lesson plan on my mind whenever I came across something interesting/worth teaching. Yes, as we speak, I'm still very much obsess with Mr Grenade Guy. He is my muse!
      Btw, since you are my 1st commenter,I wish to give you something to commemorate this milestone. You don't mind giving me your address dear?
      Till then, all the best in your teaching endeavor! Thanks for your support! *wink*

      Delete

Flipping Pages