30 Nov 2012

Kelate deh

This post is past overdue.

It's about our brief trip to Kok Lanas Kelantan for my BIL's engagement. The trip took about 7 hours with 2 pit stop. Kesian my MyVi... the journey was not that pleasant, with bumps and winding road all the way, I could say it was almost spiral!

Soulmate and I departed at around 8am, having just McMuffin to satisfy our brekkie buds. We were accompanied by BIL and a distant cousin of soulmate's (of which until now I didn't really get his name eventhough he was all chatty... sorry bro). Surprisingly I din't sleep much, thanks to my mini LaPomme and the movies that I downloaded. And no kidding about patah pinggang, the saying that goes whenever you're on a road trip to the east coast, you will somehow suffer back pain, if not bad at least mildly and of course yours truly had to hurt badly! Redha.

When we finally reached Kok Lanas, the rest of my in laws are already there making themselves comfortable at the homestay courtesy of our future Kelantanese SIL. Found out abang long got himself a new Exora Bold... it's about time, given the fact that his family is expanding. I must admit I got excited meeting my inlaws as it's been a while since we last had a gathering like this.

The first night was spent unproductively. We bought lots of local muchies, sat in front of the idiot box and gossiped all night. MIL was busy doing her final touch ups on the hantaran (gifts) for the next day engagement. She did all the hantaran for her DILs mind you and I must say of all mine was the most impressive. *coughs

The engagement ceremony was held right after the Zuhur prayer. Soulmate and I decided to go matchy matchy by wearing buttercup colour themed clothes. The engagement was very brief and of course, the food buffet was sumptuous. Very locale and homely. You see, yours truly was in fact very apprehensive about attending kenduri as my knee condition doesn't permit me to sit on the floor, be it cross-legged or sideways, even kneeling. Even if I managed, I would need someone to pull me up. That will be a hassle, no? Luckily the host placed a few chairs at the hall so I got to witness the engagement ceremony, otherwise I would have just sat outside with the guys.

The engagement donned the pink theme. Future SIL was looking lovely in her dusty pink modern kurung. These lovebirds will tie the knot in March. The current DIL club members have decided on buttery yellow/citrusy theme for the reception in Alor Setar... And I wish hard that a size 20 like me can carry a peplum!
.
.
.
Nice
And here's some of the pictures taken whilst in KB. Please excuse my overrated excitement.
...
...

The sweet blood
...
...
The gifts from her ...
 ...

Us
  ...
  ...

Simplicity is key
 ...
 ...

The famous Pasar Siti Khadijah

...
...
Excited for no apparent reasons

...
...

Ermmm where is this again?
There's a story behind that Cornetto
 ...
...

Niece & nephew at what they do best

Satay for brekkie. Lemme tell ya d satay is damn yummy!!!

I must confess that I will think twice about coming here again. No offense east coasters but a few glitches here and there left me with unpleasant footnotes especially the locals. Oh well, maybe one day my future SIL will make the effort to bring us around to experience what Kelantan has really got to offer yeah? #wishfulthinking

Meanwhile,

I took some time off to catch the Breaking Dawn Part II. And I cried! I bloody cried! First and foremost, I'm not a twilighter, nor I ever read the books, but I wept inconsolably. #fail 

Especially at the end credit when they played this;



Now, how la you hold back tears?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flipping Pages