30 Jul 2012

Of Ramadhan and sparklers

Today marks the 10th day of Ramadhan.

Alhamdulillah.

Yours truly, however isn't fasting. Aunt flow decided to pay a visit today and I got so flustered about it for I've enjoyed my Quran reciting during this holy month. In addition to aunt flow, my nose has decided to be all runny and itchy too! And did I mention of my abdominal agony on the 5th through 7th of Ramadhan? I was sure that food poisoning was the culprit but then again the diarrhea didn't stop. So I self-diagnosed with the help of webmd and to my horror my symptoms depicted those of of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)!

Yiiikes!

What caught my attention was the fact that IBS is triggered by stress and it gets worse with stress.

It's totally believable that I am suffering from IBS because of late I'm experiencing nothing but problems. I wonder when will the dark cloud will shy itself away from me. Please don't leave me wondering.

Anyhow... I remain optimist because Ramadhan is a holy month. It's a month full of forgiveness, purification and cleansing of one's soul. I must chase the every wholesomeness of Ramadhan. Every good deed is rewarded multi-fold and I for sure refuse to miss this chance and so do you. And I'm not going to let mr.IBS, aunt flow or even miss flu to get the best of me.

Hence, allow me to share some advise on Ramadhan that I've acquired from http://www.qul.org.au

"Your fast days should not be like other ordinary days. when you fast, all your senses - eyes, ears, tongue, hands and feet - must therefore fast with you" - Imam Jafar Sadiq

And here's a special doa on the 10th of Ramadhan

Ya Allah, on this day, make me
among those who rely on you
from those you consider successful
and place me among those who are near to you
by your favour, o goal of the seekers

You can get the rest of the doa here.

Another thing that keeps me insane is the fact that both hubs and I got our plane tickets sorted out. Mine was all free of charge as I finally utilized the government servant plane ticket privilege, (which I never knew for the past 4 years!). And this year is a little bit different for we don't have to crack our brains thinking of the boarding fees for our furry friends. Since this year my sisters and I are celebrating in Kuching, Mak has assigned us on what to sponsor. (Mak is so efficient!) Hubs and I are in charge of biscuits and drinks, as to date I have ordered a few jars (of which the bill will certainly  put me in a state of shock soon!) I thought of attempting on baking my own cookies but the confidence went out the roof the moment I went through the recipes. On top of everything, we have not bought our Raya outfits though, probably because we are so used to getting ours at the very last minute, like Raya-eve-last-minute kind. We even haven't decided on the matching colour. I'm thinking magenta and amber.

And this Raya will surely mean something with the arrival of this sugarball;

I iz going to squeeze everyone's raya $$$
 with I cute face!
She'd be 3 month then! Wa Biena can't wait! Let's play dressing up shall we? And don't forget the sparklers and firecrackers too! Be nice!

Till then, Salam Ramadhan peeps!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Flipping Pages